Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals of each project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following are the duties associated with being a Cochran Project Manager. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and enhances customer relationships and generates new opportunities.
- Generates and/or supports the proposal and estimate process. May estimate projects and establish project budgets based on the estimate using Accubid estimating software. May prepare and submit proposals.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Established work plan staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Monitors and enforces company safety policies and practices on project.
- Update and maintain projects in Project Management Software:
- Estimate Logs
- Labor tracking
- Change Orders
- Monthly Financial Reporting
- Daily Job Journals
- Update schedule of values and work with the project assistant to ensure complete billings.
- Prepare and review submittals and shop drawings. In design build situations, make sure drawings are correct, submitted for approval and that the field personnel has correct drawings and approved submittals at all times.
- Manages the change order process, including producing change orders in a timely manner and negotiating acceptance. Prepares change orders and misc. pricing using Accubid estimating software.
- Maintain daily contact with GC.
- Attends require meetings.
- Ensures all permitting requirements are met.
- Manages Subcontractor/Vendor performance and compliance.
- Supports field supervision.
- Manages the project’s lien process, ensuring Cochran’s rights are protected.
To perform the job of Project Manager successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Change Management - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops workable implementation plans. Communicates changes effectively.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects. Completes projects on time and budget. Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively. .
- Customer Service - Responds promptly and politely to customer needs. Responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to a positive team environment. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively. Writes and speaks English fluently.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions. Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Safety – Observes safety procedures and enforces safety procedures across each project team.
- Managing People – Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Treats people with respect and inspires trust. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Creates a positive and productive environment for the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, construction drawings and specifications, engineering narrative, and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Project Management software.
Certificates and Licenses
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may vary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Unit Director or Sr. Project Manager